Dancing with conflict is a six week online conflict training program that seeks to re-invent how you engage with conflict using conflict theory, powerful role plays, creativity and group dialogue.
Conflict is everywhere: in the family, at work, in our friendships, in our romantic relationships, and even with complete strangers in the street. We are constantly confronted with actions and ideas that make us feel all sorts of difficult emotions. This is normal, and in fact desirable. Conflict holds the seeds for our own transformation through a deep invitation for growth and understanding of different realities.
Unfortunately, many of us have not learned healthy ways of engaging with conflict and connecting with its potential. Typical maladaptive responses to conflict include ignoring it, emotionally distancing, exploding or over facilitating. In this program, we will be creating a new pathway, where you engage with conflict with confidence, honesty and compassion, all while respecting your needs and boundaries. Even in the most difficult situations, there are always pathways forward. By dancing with and exploring conflict creatively, we can find freedom in our most challenging interpersonal situations.
• Explore your unique conflict style. • Understand the role of the nervous system, emotions and psychological safety in conflicts. • Reflect on your current relationship to conflict and how you want to grow. • Identify the most challenging conflicts in your life.
• Create a bold new conflict vision for yourself. • Understand the blockages and the shifts that are needed. • Develop a custom fictional role play to work on your specific growth zone. • Learn active listening strategies.
• Fictional roleplays with group support. • Debrief and analysis. • Develop a roleplay based on a real conflict in your life.
• Real life roleplay with group support. • Debrief and analysis. • Identify one conflictual conversation to have before the next week.
• Debrief from conversation. • Continue real life roleplays with group support. • Debrief & analysis.
• Create a roadmap going forward. • Synthesis of learnings.
• 90 minute weekly online sessions, same weekly time. • Time to be determined with participants' availability. • Maximum of 10 participants. • Next cohort starting in October 2022.