I help individuals and teams reconnect with their natural ability to practice creative joy. When I speak of creative joy, I am referring to a felt sense of connection and vitality that is channeled into a creative medium.
As children we experience creative joy naturally, painting, singing and dancing to our heart's content. As adults, judgement, norms and fear often make it easy to forget how to express ourselves fully, have fun, play and rejoice.
Chasing joyful experiences is a recipe for failure, as joy flourishes free of expectation, desire or judgement.
Instead, practicing creative joy is having the mindset, knowledge and skills available to connect with joy, as it naturally occurs.
A state of joy is to be honoured in tandem with the wonderful palette of emotions, feelings, and moods that comprise the human experience. For instance, there can be joy in experiencing deep sadness.
The pathway for you, or your team will be unique. I have studied joyful practices through and through, and can guide you in an exploration that will allow for a natural flourishing of creative joy in your daily life.
Process FOR INDIVIDUALS
1. Pre-training survey.
2. First session to dive deeper into creative joy in your life & to identify clear outcomes for the process. In this first call, we also identify one creative practice you would like to focus on.
3. Three subsequent weekly sessions that blend a mixture of theoretical frameworks, new creative practices, and coaching. The goal is to push you to new heights at a pace you feel comfortable with. Each week, there is a small homework assignment tailored to you.
You also determine a public sharing of your creative joy.
4. Final debrief session to anchor learning and plan next steps.
Photos : Unsplash
PROCESS FOR ORGANISATIONS
1. Pre-training survey for every member of the team.
2. Discussion with the leadership team about the opportunities for creative joy in the work environment.
3. Based on this preliminary research, I propose a workshop series with clear outcomes.
4. Design and facilitation of the workshops.
5. Exit survey and final debrief session to anchor learning and plan next steps.